Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:33:34 +0200
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        Dima Panov <fluffy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        office@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LibreOffice 6.4.4 is coming!

> On 11. Jun 2020, at 17:10, Dima Panov <fluffy@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFHello!
>=20
> We know, all FreeBSD users waits for new release of LireOffice.
> And now it almost here.
> But before land it to the ports, we want to inform community about some im=
portant changes to build options.
>=20
> At first, GTK3 option is not more set by default and there are the reasons=
:
> a) our gtk30 port and all needed gnome dependencies are dramatically outda=
ted
> b) LibreOffice64=E2=80=99s gtk3 visual content library is broken =E2=80=94=
 missed critical buttons, dropdown menus, scrollbars
> c) previously uses gtk2 vcl is dropped upstream since LibreOffice 6.4.0 is=
 branched
>=20
> Second, we decided to make QT5 VCL option is set by default to provide com=
fy visual style for every users. One small note =E2=80=94 since upcoming Qt5=
-5.15 will drop binary support for FreeBSD 11.x due to outdated OpenSSL 1.0 i=
n base, here is not reason to enable QT5 option on FreeBSD <12+ by default.
>=20
> Release will be landed to the ports at this weekend.
>=20
> Early access, as always, available at out WIP stage on GitHub:
> https://github.com/lwhsu/freebsd-ports-libreoffice
>=20
> Discussions, patches, proposals are welcome.
>=20
> We're sorry for the inconvenience.
>=20

Thanks for the notice and your work, much appreciated.

-m