Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:15:07 +0300
From:      "toxa" <postfix@sendmail.ru>
To:        <mdunham@kestrelworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Success - KDE 3.2 running on FreeBSD 5.1 Current

> Other than a less than current version of qt I'm not sure. I know the
> current version of qt 3.2 (which is required for KDE 3.2) was updated 6
> days ago. If you have the earlier version, you will need to move to the
> qt32 port. That means deinstall qt 23 and install the qt32 port.  I
> don't think that would be the case, but your system may be set up
> different than mine. So check your version of qt and in the worst case,
> even if you know it is the right one, deinstall, portsclean, update your
> ports and try a fresh install of the qt32.
>
> Hope that works!

Ok, I cd  to /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt32, make deinstall && make install
clean. Everything was OK, thanks for advice.  After that I install only
kdelibs, kdebase and kdenetworks, because I don't need all kde bloatware :)
It seems like kdenetwork 3.2 now lacks kmail... But my new kde is slooow.
First time clicking at K button  hangs kicker for 20-30 seconds, and almost
every application or menu (konqueror, kicker properties, etc) hangs being
running for first time. Or, say, I change kicker settings, applying changes,
and put K button after it - kicker hangs again for 20 sec.
Does anybody happy with kde 3.2? :)