Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 08:42:49 +0000 ()
From:      Joe Beiter <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   deluser

I saw this was brought up a couple of times in the mail list archives but
I couldn't seem to find the program. I need a program that will remove a
specified user from the system (passwd entry, home directory and mailbox).

I'm presently trying to hack vipw to do it but since I'm not much of a c
programmer this is both difficult and dangerous. If it already exists I'd
be overjoyed to find it :)

Its the only thing presently keeping me from migrating our systems over from
linux to freebsd. The adding and deleting of accounts is handled by
administrative personnel that would not do well with the passwd file in an
editor.