Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:35:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Dave Hancock <dyhancoc@indiana.edu>
Cc:        beastie@tdk.net, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD Mirror

<<On Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:44:27 +0200, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk> said:

> If you want to become a official mirror, and carry everything, you can
> probably sync from ftp-master.FreeBSD.org.

It's not clear that adding additional public mirrors would gain much
of anything unless we can find a way to get people to use the
higher-numbered ones automatically.  There are presently 13 full
public mirrors, of which 5 are connected via Internet2.  Ours (ftp5)
is available for rsync access, and is updated from ftp-master every
six hours.

-GAWollman