Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:02:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Andrew Matheson <drakFB@drak.com>
Cc:        Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtusertable

On Aug 18, Andrew Matheson wrote:
> >	In .procmailrc, add rules to inspect the TO: part of the message
> >	and send it to the appropriate real account.  See procmail help
> >	for more info.
>
> Is this sufficient to redirect email that's to a mailing list, such as this one?  The only place I see my address appear in freebsd-isp email is up in the top-most "Received:" header.  The "^TO" regular expression variations in procmail (man procmailrc) don't look sophisticated enough to extract that address, but I'm not very familiar with procmail.

In your virtusertable entry use the form

@example.com  user_id+%1

Then in the .procmailrc for user_id

DOMAIN=example.com
ENV_TO=$1

:0f
* ENV_TO ?? .
| formail -i "X-Envelope-To: "$ENV_TO@$DOMAIN

Then filter based on the X-Envelope-To: header

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com