Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:31:35 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Benjamin Close <cisbjc@cs.unisa.edu.au>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GENERIC or NEWCARD

Newcard supports cardbus.  It is also experimental.  If you don't need
cardbus, don't use it; some features are missing, such as
eject/reinsert.

Now, many people are using newcard with excellent results.  Since it's
newer, however, it has all the usual -current caveats.  Then again, if
you're running -current, you obviously have no respect for your data
anyway, so go ahead.  :)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:15:30AM +0930, Benjamin Close wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	Could someone please explain the main difference between using a
> GENERIC kernel and a NEWCARD kernel. I'm using -current and continually
> debate which is the correct one to use on my laptop. (Dell Inspiron
> 8000).
>
> Thanks,
> 	Benjamin
>
> --
> 3D Research Associate                            +61 8 8302 3669
> School of Computer and Information Science       Room D1-07, Levels
> Campus
> University of South Australia                    Mawson Lakes Blvd.
> Benjamin.Close@cs.unisa.edu.au                   South Australia, 5095

Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/