Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:42:29 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org, Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

Yeah, well...it's better to try than to try not, right?  8^)

Joe

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          Michael Lucas       |
|        |          <mwlucas@blackhelico|
|        |          pters.org>          |
|        |                              |
|        |          10/04/00 11:28 AM   |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  >---------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>       |
  |       cc:     Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>,         |
  |       freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG,                      |
  |       freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, (bcc: Joe           |
  |       Warner/SMS)                                       |
  |       Subject:     Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser         |
  >---------------------------------------------------------|

> Are we already hitting a circular roadblock? Can't get a magazine until
> we get advertisers, and we can't get advertisers until we get a
> magazine...

Yep.  Good luck.  ;)

Sorry, not to be sarcastic here... I've fought this battle before
(although not for BSD), and it's a long one.  I can't help but
simultaneously feel sorry for you, and skeptical of the results.  But
I certainly hope for success, and BSD has to win this fight *some*
day.

FWIW, the second magazine will spring up on its own, inspired by the
first.

==ml

--
http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/