Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:25:29 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Milon_Papez=EDk?= <Milon.Papezik@oskarmobil.cz>
Cc:        'Matthew Dillon' <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RE: Third /tmp location ?

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 12:13:55AM +0100, Milon Papez=EDk wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I simply installed 4.5R from ISO image with separate /, /usr, /var and
> /home.
>=20
> After some configuration I run automated security check (script)
> and it reported 3rd world writable directory /usr/tmp.
> That was quite a surprise to me, especially with respect
> to the debate over it some time ago on this list.

Hmm.. there are faint bells ringing in my head somewhere which are
telling me it might be something to do with pkg_add: I think I've seen
this once or twice before, but it didn't bother me enough to track it
down.  It's pretty likely I'm just randomly associating but if anyone
is looking into this it might be something to check.

Kris

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm

--EVF5PPMfhYS0aIcm--