Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:36:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@semmy.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sharing NTFS via NFS

Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> 01.07.2015 1:26, Rick Macklem wrote:
> > Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> For some reason I need to share USB disk with NTFS via NFS. I use
> >> fusefs-ntfs to mount the USB disk. But can't export it. I've got this
> >> message from mountd(8):
> >> mountd[85534]: can't export /mnt
> >>
> >> After googling I found out Linux can export Ntfs-3g with option
> >> no_root_squash: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1791330
> >>
> >> But how to do this with FreeBSD (10.0-RELEASE now)?
> > Short answer is you can't. Fuse file systems on FreeBSD can't be exported.
> >

> I'd like to read a long answer. Why? What limitations?
Fuse on FreeBSD doesn't support VFS operations that are required
by the NFS server. VFS_FHTOVP(), VFS_VPTOFH() and the stuff that
allows a mount point to be exported are some, there are probably
others.

How much work would it be to add this capability. At this time
I have no idea since I am not conversant with Fuse.

rick