Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:29:08 +0200
From:      "The MiP RvL" <the_mip_rvl@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru
Subject:   Re: maybe offtopic... but - Libretto.

>I'm struggling with Toshiba Libretto 1050ff, trying to install FreeBSD on =
it.

>The old notebook apparently cannot boot from anything but hard disk or Tos=
hiba's external floppy, which I don't have and cannot find.

>Currently, it's running Win98.
>
>Disk is already partitioned, so I could use second partition... if only I'=
ll be able to boot a kernel somehow.

>I've installed bootmanager, but that's all I've managed to do.
>
>bsdboot always hangs on attempt to load a kernel, and I haven't found any =
tool able either to start with FreeBSD installation image or to >write mi=
nimal FreeBSD partition on disk.

>Maybe someone can help?

I can only think of one option at the moment. Install linux through loadlin=
. Debian 3.x will do fine.  And then run the depenguinator

http://www.daemonology.net/depenguinator/

regards,

Roland