Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 1997 14:16:04 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>, Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: news server source for 95/NT

"Pedro F. Giffuni" wrote in message ID
<3396FAA7.4710@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>:
> Search the old postings in the hacker's list, this was discussed some
> time ago (with some stats in hand). Almost no one uses NT for a full
> feed, in fact the top news servers use FreeBSD.

Actually, I 99% sure that at least 7 of the top 9 are SPARC/Solaris
boxes (the only ones I am not sure of are syr.edu and clark.net. No 10
(feed1.news.erols.com) is a x86 running Linux :-/ The first FreeBSD
box I know of is newsfeeds.sol.net at 24. I can identify at least 4 or
5 others though. I'm sure Joe could highlight more that I don't know
of :-)

Gary