Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:32:08 -0800
From:      joshua lokken <joshualokken@attbi.com>
To:        fcash@bigfoot.com
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: untar dir of binaries for X

Ok, I should've mentioned, I read the man page for tar 3 times
before sending this mail.  I don't understand the options,
otherwise I wouldn't still be here asking.  Please if anyone can
help, please respond.  Thank you Mr. Cash, once again...?

Jolok

3/15/2002 8:31:17 PM, "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>Please post technical question to the -questions list.  Search
the
>archives beforehand though.  Also, you should read the
Handbook and
>familiarise yourself with the man command ("man man" for
more info).

>> I downloaded the binaries for XFree86-4.2.0.  I have them in
>> /root/tmp.  How do I untar this thing?  I keep getting
>> "/dev/sa0:  device not configured.
>
>Wait about a week and install it via the ports/packages.
>
>If you absolutely must install it now, then "man tar".  :)  Pay
>attention to the -x -z and -f options.
>
>Cheers,
>Freddie			PhoenixTek Consulting
>fcash@bigfoot.com	Unix / Networking Services