Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 11:45:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Go SCSI! Big improvement...

On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> VLB was a brief bad dream in between EISA and PCI and is probably best
> forgotten.
> 					Jordan

At which there should have been NO PCI, it should have gone EISA ->
EISA2, with speedup's on the EISA2 bus like they were with PCI. This way
we could still use all of our previous ISA and EISA cards in the EISA2
slots, plus not have to worry about lame slot combinations at the such. I
seriously think they did this in order to force everyone to buy new cards
as this new technology emerged.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================= http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==