Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 23:46:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      colin christopher winters <ccwinter@students.uiuc.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sound card problems

I'm trying to get my CMI 8330 sound card installed under BSD.  I switched
from linux, and here's what i used to enable the card under it:
sb io=0x220 dma=1 dma16=5 irq=5 mpu_io=0x330
ad1848 io=0x530 irq=7 dma=0 soundpro=1
However, I can't figure out a way to get it going .  I've tried using just
device pcm, using device pcm and the sbc0 device with my settings at the
same time,  device pcm0 with the settings i used previously...everything.
The best I can get playing mp3s is a few seconds of the start of the song
repeated through static, then i get a pcm0 device timeout error, and after
that i can't open /dev/dsp.  Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?  I'm
completely stumped.

Colin Winters