Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:05:15 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        jkh@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Notes that didn't make it into the 2.2.5 release notes

I've just been browsing http://www.freebsd.org/releases/2.2.5R/notes.html
as something to do until CTM updates are turned on again...

I expected to see "Significant improvements to the SymBios driver including
fast20 support for 53C875 based cards" close to the one about improvements
to the Adaptec driver.  Also, the Diamond FirePort cards should be mentioned
further down in the SymBios driver section.

So, what do we do about it?  Shout "Hey you lot!  Blow your trumpet in the
release notes when you update a driver!" at the developers?  Just leave it
for the release engineer?  You know, the guy with the red eyes and the
stained coffee cup. :-)

I think we should offer a bit of subtle urging every so often like we do
if people forget to update man pages, or if they offend style(9).  I also
think that this deserves to be updated on www.freebsd.org since a lot of
folks will hit there first.

Stephen.