Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 00:35:27 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A week trying to make world

** When I try to make "most" I get
ipfw.c:50: netinet/ip_dummynet.h: No such file or directory
ipfw.c: In function `show_ipfw':

I thought I had done something wrong with my cvsup setup. Delete all src,
copied 2.2.7 release, cvsup again.

The netinet directory is in /usr/src/sys, but make is obviously looking
for in in a different place.

** If I try to buildworld I get

install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555   make /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin
strip: /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/bin/make: Argument list too long
* Error code 70
Stop.
* Error code 1

I tried searching the archives, reading man pages (i.e. install),
re-downloading the sources, trying to make the path for install in
/usr/src/Makefile shorter and nothing seems to work.

----
francisco@natserv.com
The power to serve.   http://www.freebsd.org