Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:55:34 +0100 (MET)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   makeinfo frequently exiting on sig11 while doing make world ???

Hi!
---

While trying to do a make world of -current today I again experienced
a problem with makeinfo dumping core due to a sig 11:

===> doc
makeinfo --no-split -I /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/bison/doc /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/bison/doc/../../../../contrib/bison/bison.texinfo -o bison.info
Making info file `bison.info' from `/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/bison/doc/../../../../contrib/bison/bison.texinfo'.
*** Signal 11

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

This isn't talk of new, but talk of old (At least for me, since I'm having
this problem for a long time already, but the situation is almost getting
worse, since more and more programs seem to come with info files now)

The problem is not related to any special directory or component of the
source tree, but happens nearly everywhere where info files are to be
formatted using makeinfo. A clean rebuild of /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo
didn't even bring more success to that thing. I do also not believe that
there is a strange piece of hardware in my system, which would cause just
makeinfo to dump core but no other programs. Especially not, because I've
often seen a similar behaviour of makeinfo while trying to do a make world
on at least two other FreeBSD-current machines in my network with a hardware
completely different from that which is being used on this machine.

I would appreciate any suggestions on that or some advice what I could
do to get makeinfo work. If you need more infos (kernel configuration,
hardware description etc) please let me know, so I will send them to you.

Thanks in advance

Regards, mickey

--
          (__)