Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2010 00:12:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkim@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   nspluginwrapper(-devel) and core dumps

I have a question about nspluginwrapper and linux-f10-flashplugin10:
is it possible to rebuild nspluginwrapper so it doesn't dump core files
(npviewer.bin.core)?
Is it possible to have it dying "silently"?

The main reason it that when it starts dumping core, the whole browser freezes
until the file it's completely written.
In case of heavy disk I/O, e.g. upgrading some ports or world, it can take a
lot of time.

The other reason is that those files are really huge. I often get 300mb to 1.2
gb core file when I have a discrete number of tab opened.
And I don't even play flash-games. And I have flashblock installed. I just
watch at some videos on youtube or similar.
I know that I could limit the size of coredumps, but this could prevent me
getting backtrace from other sw.
I'm fearing that the extra stress on hd could hurt it.
But please tell me if they are still useful for debugging, despite being linux
binaries.

I was thinking about contacting the author to ask him.
But the site reported in pkg-descr (http://gwenole.beauchesne.
info/projects/nspluginwrapper/) in not reachable for me.
And the last news on freshmeat is dated "02 Jan 2009".
Does anyone know what happened to him? And what about his project?

For what I can understand npviewer.bin and a couple of .so should be rebuilt
on Fedora 10 i386.
If that's a problem, I have a VM with F10. Can this help?
Could someone suggest me the magic to rebuild the linux part of the port?

Thanks
Barbara