Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:33:07 +0300
From:      Vladimir Belyashki <spiteos@myrealbox.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Galeon/gconf issue

--,T?NV:7Gtt6q=.=q

Hello,
I have recently upgraded from Gnome 2.2 to 2.4. The process was a pain
since some packages were deprecated in 2.4 and I had some components
failing to build with strange error messages. I resolved it by removing
all Gnome packages (including gtk) and rebuilding the new version from
scratch. Everything was done through the ports tree, no standalone
compilation. The real problem is when I try to use Galeon. The build
and install processes finish normally but when I try to run the browser
I get an error message about gconf not being able to find a schema for
Galeon preferences. I checked the on-line Galeon documentation and found
it to be a FAQ, but the solution suggested there did not solve the
problem. Galeon2 (the devel version), however, works fine. I also
checked the gconf schemes for Galeon and there appear to be some prefs
schemes that obviously don't work with me. I'm puzzled if gconf is not
able to read the schemes mentioned or the schemes themselves are not
compatible. I'm also not sure whether it's gconf or Galeon issue but
since the ports tree states you maintain both I direct this mail to you.
I suppose Galeon (not Galeon2) was not deprecated since it's not marked
broken. Have you experienced anything like this and if yes what is the
solution? Here is what I have installed on my FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE
system:

gconf-1.0.9_5
gconf2-2.4.0.1
galeon-1.2.12

I may also provide additional debugging messages if you have the time to
look over this.
Thank you.

--
Best regards,