Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:35:36 -0500
From:      "Arun Welch" <welch@anzus.com>
To:        "Garrett Rooney" <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: dell laptops

> > Just trying to find out what does work and what doesn't.

I've got an Inspiron 5000 with the 1400x1050 display. Works fine with
4.1-stable, X 4.0. PCMCIA
works fine, haven't tried the sound with the latest patches though it's
rumored to work. APM works fine in suspend-to-standby, but I haven't figured
out what incantation is required to get it to go into suspend-to-disk.
Shutdown -p does turn it off. Internal modem's a winmodem, so you need a
pcmcia modem if you want to dial out.

...arun