Date:      22 Mar 2000 22:34:45 -0500
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 a severe disappointment

Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com> writes:

> Based on comments I'd seen here, I upgraded my laptop to 4.0-RELEASE today.

[...]

Same here, but I had a better experience with a ThinkPad 570.

My ether card is a 3c574TX, which after I told the 4.0-RELEASE boot kernel
to hook it at IRQ11 instead of IRQ10, seems to work like a champ.  I found
this combination on blind chance:  otherwise I would probably be still
cursing my luck.

I am very happy to have notebook support integrated with the main BSD
tree.  As much as I love the PAO crew for everything they have done, it was
very schizoid to say the least to try to follow their patches and the main
tree.  Maybe I am just not getting any younger.