Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 12:50:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        Keith Middlekauff <keithm@hprrc726.rose.hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P2L97-S

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Keith Middlekauff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with this board, P2L97-S, and using only a single ended
> scsi disk.
>
> I have nothing on the wide interface and one disk on the narrow. The
> disk is terminated.
>
> This is my message when I boot.
>
> FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE #0: Fri Jul 24 09:38:13 PDT 1998
>
> ahc0 <Adaptec aic7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 0 int a irq 12 on pci0:6:0
> Illegal cable configuration!!. Only two connectors on the adapter may be used at
>  a time!ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
> ahc0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
> (ahc0:0:0): "HP C3725S 4299" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 2069MB (4238836 512 byte sectors)
>
> Any help or ideas appreciated

Make sure your scsi bios has termination set to auto, or that you don't
have all possible chans terminated in the bios if auto bugs you.  I caused
this message to pop up on freebsd by putting a terminator on the external
scsi interface of my 2940uw, while simultaneoulsy using both 50 and 68 pin
internal interfaces.  It doesn't like all three points to be terminated
(understandably so), even if there are no devices on the other points of
entry.

--
Jamie Bowden
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)