Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 17:07:11 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Chris Fuhrman <cfuhrman@tfcci.com>, <colug@stones.wcbe.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Oracle DB Alternatives?  (WAAAAAAY Off-topic)

At 10:53 AM -0400 5/24/01, Chris Fuhrman wrote:

>  Does anyone have any experience with migrating from Oracle to another
>  platform?  We're presently looking at the following alternatives:
>
>  * Informix
>  * IBM DB2
>  * PostgreSQL  (My boss keeps asking me about this)

	Out of curiosity, is there a reason why Sybase isn't on this
list?  Historically, they've been the primary competitor to Oracle
(much, much more so than Informix or DB2 has ever been), Sun is one
of their two native development platforms, and they've tended to be
much more sensitive to licensing issues, etc....

	So, I'm really curious to know why you haven't investigated using
them instead.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>          */