Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:50:24 +0200
From:      Mattias Pettersson <eraxpma@verkstad.net>
To:        snap-users@kame.net, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ep driver

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem on FreeBSD3.4 with pcmcia card 3Com589ET and
driver ep. I'm using snap 20000403, though I'm not sure this has
anything to do with IPv6 (but traffic is IPv6).

Is anyone familiar to if certain network cards reset themselves if they
are detached for a while? This card seem to drop one (first) outgoing
packet when re-attached.

Stack trace (conceptual):
ip6_output()
nd6_output()
ether_output()
IFQUEUE()
epstart()
  write mbuf to card
  mtap to bpfilter

Packet shows up on tcpdump (from mtap line), but never on the wire.
Subsequent packets make it. Everything looks fine on the tcpdump, IP
packet and ethernet addresses. No complaints from card either.

/Mattias