Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:57:37 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        notspam@myway.com
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: suggest cleaning up vendor list (resend)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:52:00 -0500 (EST)
"notspam" <notspam@myway.com> wrote:

> > Since you found the problem would it be hard to do yourself what
> > you suggest and submit a patch or at least tell us what need to be
> > changed?
>
> People who have jobs (or should that be "job$"?) volunteer their
> time.  People like me, who don't, are reluctant to do any such work
> unless they get paid.

It can go the other way too; I've got one of my last contracts because
someone was interested in an app. based on a few ports I maintain and
saw I was active on the respective mailing lists.

> That's why I was going through the list: looking for companies that were hiring.

As you know, this is a volunteer effort; your report was. of course,
useful :) I thought hat since you clicked on those links, providing a
list with the broken ones would have been easy.

> I actually looked up your tecnik93.com to see if any work was
> available there, but I don't think I'm quite ready to work in
> Romania, being a U.S. citizen and resident, though I could probably
> learn the language fairly easily.

Actually the first inconvenient thing for you would be the salary; I
doubt there are (many) Romanian companies that could/would pay you at
the same level an US one would.

 < OT from here >

> (Plus, Americans aren't popular in Europe; people wouldn't know I never voted
> for Bush.)

I doubt you'll find much anti-americanism here; e few days ago our
president has discussed with mr. Bush about US military bases here.

But that might change in the future. US [leaders] choosed your country
foreign policy to be based on military force (somehow a valid decision
probably because no other strong enough force exists). But more
disturbing is the way they choose to be part of / obey the ruling of the
international organisms only when they support US position (Kyoto and
TPI Vienna accords are recent examples).

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"