Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:23:58 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Old junk laptop desired, but not too old.

I'm having some difficulty on dual slotted TI controller based
laptops that I'm not seeing with my TI-1225 based pci card.  I'm
looking for someone that has a suitible laptop they'd be willing to
donate or sell cheaply to me for the purpose of fixing and maintaining
cardbus support, both OLDCARD and NEWCARD.  My desires are rather
modest at the present time:
	Working video OR LCD (eg, if the lcd screen is busted, but
	video out works, that's good).
	32M RAM
	hardware to mount a hard disk (hard disks OK too)
	working AC Power adapter.
	Working Serial port
	TI-12xx, TI-14xx or TI-4xxx cardbus bridges

Also, if someone had a laptop with either a ToPIC bridge or a O2Micro
bridge in similar shape, that would be good as well (although that's
more so I have one rather than to fix specific problems).

I do not want anything slower than the above (which likely means
nothing slower than a P166 or so) as I have enough of the ISA or PCI
based PCMCIA laptops.  Also, I'm not looking to buy the latest,
fastest laptop just yet.  I'm looking for cast off laptops at this
point, maybe ones that are doing nothing because they have a broken
LCD screen or broken batteries or something like that.

Warner