Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:23:24 -0700
From:      "Brian" <bri@sonicboom.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <FJU@Fritzilldo.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting the time...

Actually it appears that ntpd, in the case where time is off substantially,
will still adjust it, altho slowly.  I took a box whose time was off by a
couple minutes and fired up ntpd.  It appears as though the max change per
ntpd check is 1 second, so it took a couple days for it to become right.

    Brian