Date:      Fri, 04 May 2018 12:26:35 +0000
From:      Michael Reifenberger <mike@reifenberger.com>
To:        Jason Tubnor <jason@tubnor.net>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Centos7 uefi boot problem with bhyve after update

Zitat von Jason Tubnor <jason@tubnor.net>:

> On 2 May 2018 at 19:58, Michael Reifenberger <mike@reifenberger.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> Im running a Centos7 bhyve VM under FreeBSD-11 (latest stable).
>> The VM boots using UEFI: uefi-edk2-bhyve-0.1
>> Centos was installed and ist booting fine: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611
>> (Core)
>>

> What Kernel version are you running here?  Have you tried
> uefi-edk2-bhyve-20180318 ?

Centos (the older working one):
Linux nw3 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC
2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
It was installed Sep.2016 using CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE.iso

The newer one (the non working), I dont know currently, but should be
a 3.10.* kernel as well.

uefi-edk2-bhyve-20180318 ist the latest one?
Yes. I used this version to get the Screenshot.

>> BTW:
>> A new installation of a recent Centos fails after the installation/reboot
>> with the same error.
>> Other Linux distros (Ubuntu) seem to be affectet too...
>>

> Can you define the version of Ubuntu that you are testing with and the
> kernel that it is running?  Ubuntu 17.10 Server stock works fine with the
> currently supplied UEFI shims, but there are known issues with 18.04 with
> fixes in the pipeline.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason.

I used:
ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso
ubuntu-16.04.3-server-amd64.iso
and, I think,
manjaro-xfce-17.1.1-stable-x86_64.iso

Kernelversion I don't know.

The kernel version shouldn't matter that much because the error
occures before the kernel gets loaded.
It's after /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI got loaded and before
/EFI/centos/grubx64.efi gets loaded
because of not beeing found...

greetings
---