Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 18:59:32 -0600
From:      Joe Warner <rootman@xmission.com>
To:        Libby Charles-CCL044 <Charles.S.Libby@motorola.com>, "'Sue Blake'" <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mad about questions?    newbies list=what?

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Libby Charles-CCL044 wrote:
> It does??? Would you mind letting me know (in private mail if you like)
> what book that was, and exactly what words it uses? If people
> really are being told to ask _support_questions_ here, that's a shame.
> It would mean that they would be stepping outside the list charter.
> Keeping within list charters is a condition of using the freebsd
> lists. You should go to the authoritative source, the list charters
> (descriptions) on the freebsd.org web site.
>

> The Complete FreeBSD 3rd Edition
>
> Chapter 1: Introduction
> Page 15
> Paragraph Support

...and

Chapter 1: Introduction
Page: 16
Pagagraph: Support

..says:

"As the welcome message says, -newbies is a discussion group for people new to
FreeBSD; it's not intended for real technical problems.  Use -questions for
that."

Right above that, is text taken directly from the freebsd-newbies charter:

FREEBSD-NEWBIES

Welcome to FreeBSD!
This list is a gathering place for people new to FreeBSD.
Please feel free to share your experiences with others on this list.

Support questions should be sent to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
(NOT to the newbies list please)

Full info and FAK    http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/
Resource list           http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/newbies.html