Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:56:17 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp0 hangs on a PC164 using STABLE

>>    It's true that I'm not providing support for the driver for use on the
>> Alpha. I don't have any Alpha's in production and don't have the time to
>> add one. This doesn't mean that someone else can't provide that support,
>> however, which is what has happend from time to time.
>
>Can you clarify what 'provide' means?

   "Providing support" to me means not only getting it working, but also
making sure that it continues to work over time and putting the effort in
to fix it if it should break.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Manufacturer of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.