Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:18:46 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        "Andrew Reilly" <a.reilly@lake.com.au>
Cc:        Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>, Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp_wrapper in contrib and ports?

> My current source of confusion is with the tcpd from ports,
> which doesn't mention what level it is syslogging at: I can't
> find any of it's log messages...

Try adding a '-v' to the syslogd startup (or '-vv').  Funny, that used to
be documented in the man page...

If that's not enough, add a '-d' so you can watch what happens.  It
shouldn't take long to find what you want.

Checking the source, it looks like it uses LOG_MAIL as the facility.  You
can also use the ! stuff in syslog.conf - the tcp wrappers use the invoking
program name to log stuff.