Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:50:24 -0700
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Camera, 4.0-STABLE

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 07:24:12PM -0400, Mark Hendriks wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Dann Lunsford wrote:
> > I have a D-Link DSB-C300 USB digital camera, and absolutely no idea how
> > to get it working with FreeBSD, if it's possible at all.  Haven't dealt with
> > USB stuff before.  Using a Toshiba 2595XDVD laptop running 4.0=STABLE as of
> > a couple of days ago.  Can anyone supply a pointer or two to info on USB
> > on FreeBSD, and on this camera in particular?  Thanks!
>
> For USB support, look in the LINT kernel config file, and copy the
> appropriate lines to the kernel config file you are currently using.  If
> you haven't built a custom kernel yet, everything you need to know is in
> the handbook on your system at /usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html
Heh.  Have USB support in the kernel, that's not the problem,  Guess I was
a bit unclear.  Sorry.  What this thing is, is one of those little video
stream cameras, not a digital "snapshot" type.  I've seen this type used
for "web cam" stuff and security coverage.  FXTV works great with one of
it's brooktree-based cousins.  What I need is something similar to FXTV
that can take it's input from the USB devices.  Unless I screwed up (which
happens :-) ) and missed it, there doesn't appear to be such a critter.
Which brings me full circle.

> For your digital camera, look through the ports collection under graphics.

First thing I did,  I *hope* I missed something, because otherwise I've
got a chore ahead of me...

Thanks!

--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero