Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:07:12 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Sajd <noside@home.se>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Support FreeBSD 3.0

At 03.51 28/01/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have just installed my first FreeBSD box and I have one Q.
>How do i get my SB AWE 64 working, do i have to recompile the
>kernel, if so how ?

You have 3 way, as I know ... (the best is 1, IMHO)

In kernel :

1)
controller	pnp0
device        pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq ?  drq ? flags 0x15 vector
pcmintr

2)
controller	snd0
device         sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device         sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device         sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device         opl0    at isa? port 0x388
device         awe0    at isa? port 0x620
device	        joy0	at isa? port "IO_GAME"

and perhaps you have to edit the kernel.config to have the board always
detected (even if I am not so sure...)

3)
Buy commercial version of OSS (20$) : www.opensound.com
No kernel edit required.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it