Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:43:37 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell D600 odds-n-ends

Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> probably said:
> NOTE!!!! If you boot with a battery and want to replace it with a
> disk, you MUST do "atacontrol detach 1" before inserting the disk.

I have a /usr/local/etc/rc.d script that uses 'atacontrol info 1' to
find out if the machine is docked and if there is anything in the
drive bay, if not then it does 'atacontrol detach 1' so I don't have
to remember to do it.

I also detatch 1 when I suspend (from /etc/rc.suspend) so I can
suspend the machine and then undock it.

P.

--
pir