Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:33:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        "Bruce R. Montague" <brucem@mail.cruzio.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: picobsd router (oinit,rc)

Hi guys,

Please observe that the router version uses oinit, which is a combination
of init and command-line facility (adventurous may say "shell" :-). On
startup it reads the oinit.rc file, and that's it. The oinit.rc needs to
contain only very basic, single commands (no globbing, pipes, subshells,
variables etc.. just "echo" :) - the best way to use it is to just put the
configuration command you need. You can view the built-ins by typing '?'.

I kind of remember that there is also some bug in signal handling, which
manifests itself if you do 'kill -HUP 1'.

Of course, you can always opt to use the standard init, but then you will
have to use getty in order to log-in to the system... Oinit has the
advantage of allowing you to execute within 4-5MB physical RAM.

--

Andrzej

// Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, Chief System Architect
// WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)