Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:49:23 -0600
From:      Susie Ward <sward@voltage.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support Blues

At 09:25 AM 3/22/99 +0000, Karl Pielorz wrote:
>Michael Slater wrote:
>>    After yet another relentless day providing phone support to one
>> clueless idiot after another, i was wondering if anyone had ever attemtped
>> the document cases of overworked and frustrated tech support staff blowing
>> their brains out after having to put up with "My Computer's broken.. It
>> says the pipeline burst" or It worked fine at XYZ ISP, what's wrong with
>> your service".. Some of the !@#$ we hear on a day to day basis is nothing
>> short of ridiculous.. Makes me wonder why some people buy a computer at
>> all.

Here is a website with some hilarious tech support calls.  You'll need
either Real Audio or the ability to play wavs to hear them.  It's a very
good stress reliever!

http://helpdeskfunnies.cyberjuice.com/wavs.htm

>Maybe we should start an ISP mailing list? (i.e. seperate from FreeBSD :-)

There are already several ISP mailing lists. My favorite is inet-access,
send 'subscribe' in the body to 'list-request@inet-access.net' to join.
There is also a channel on Efnet named #inet-access that is lots of fun.
We can always use more FreeBSD ISPs there (had to say something to make
this freebsd related :)

Susie