Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:40:19 +0100
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some questions concerning Thinkpad T20

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 10:39:45AM -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 07:31:26PM +0100, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> > *) I guess noone has tried to write an IrDA stack yet, so I can't use the
> > Infrared port?
>
> There's an ongoing effort to write an IrDA stack in netgraph, but
> progress has been slow, at least in public.

The thing I can say about this is that I have mostly finished the IrLAP
layer (that is the link level protocol).

I'm now working on the IrLMP layer, what stands for Link Multiplexing.

With the specifications in hand and quite some time to spent in the coming
weeks I am convinced that I will be able to release some workable version
in the coming months.

Watch this space.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM