Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 06:39:08 PDT
From:      "erik witkop" <ewitkop90@hotmail.com>
To:        augusto.bott@via-rs.net, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hostname on standalone machine

Not to nit-pick but I do like to explore all angles. I do not think you need
to put in an external dns ip if you are on a LAN with a proxy. I think, I
could be wrong, but the dns, internal or external, will forward the ip, sort
of like a bootp helper address, in instances where it cannot find name
resolution. I think that a dns server, at last resort will forward to
arin,internet, etc.. Any thoughts?