Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:56:23 -0400
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DocBook FAQ available for critique

Nik Clayton wrote:

> Folks,
>
> The DocBook'd FAQ is available for critique at
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/index.html
>
> Replace index.html with book.{ps,pdf,html,txt} to get various other
> formats.
>
> The formatting is not final, and there are a number of issues to thrash
> out (for example, "What is the purpose of this FAQ?" is listed as a numbered
> question).  But this is the beginning of the end. . . for LinuxDoc![1]

> [1] Cue maniacal laughter.
> --
>  [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
>  non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
>  the links.
>     -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>

I am not sure if this is what you want. Only got through part of Preface
for now. Do you want comments in a special form?

-dutch
--- start ---
where: http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN41
.2. What are the goals of FreeBSD?
pharagraph 2
That code in our source tree which falls under the GNU General Public License
(GPL) or GNU Library General Public License (LGPL) comes with slightly more
strings attached, though at least on the side of enforced access rather than the
usual opposite. Due to the additional complexities that can evolve in the
commercial use of GPL software, we do, however, endeavor to replace such
software with submissions under the more relaxed BSD copyright whenever
possible.

op-ed:
You may want to clarify, "enforced access", that phrase will confuse some of
the DOS/win9x people. It will start another Q not answer this one as completly
as possible. Do you believe a link back to GNU home page would help.
Am I being picky?

where: http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN61
.4. What is the latest version of FreeBSD?
Paragraph 3
was: (see the questions on Q: .5. and Q: .6.)

op-ed: Where you going to leave Q:5 in or replace it (& others)? If so,
try: (see questions Q: .5. and Q: .6.)

where: http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN119
.8. Is FreeBSD only available for PCs ?
paragraph 1
The file http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/alpha/alpha.html
does not exist at this server. You are coming from
http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN119.

where: http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN128
.9. Who is responsible for FreeBSD?
paragraph 1
The file  http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/staff.html

The file http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/handbook/staff-committers.html
does not exist at this server. You are coming from
http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/preface.html#AEN128.
---