Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:05:23 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Paul Procacci <pprocacci@datapipe.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Linux.ko] VIDIOCGCAP

Quoting Paul Procacci <pprocacci@datapipe.com> (from Fri, 4 Jun 2010
00:40:00 -0500):

> Gents,
>
> I'm running into a problem with getting video working on skype.  I am so
> close, and I feel it's just one little thing left before it works.
>
> I've installed webcamd and skype from ports without problems.  Loaded
> the necessary modules, got the webcam working with other utilities, but
> skype (ah, good ole skype) is refusing to acknowledge the existence of
> /dev/video0.

It should work on a recent -current (if your cam is supported by
webcamd). If you are on -stable, you either have to move to -current,
or you need to wait a while (I didn't had the time to merge this into
8-stable before the feature freeze, so I have to wait until 8.1 is out
to be able to put this functionality into 8-stable).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
"I'm willing to make the peace."
		-- Vito Corleone, "Chapter 20", page 285