Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 18:34:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@simplex.nl>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is Token Ring supported?

>> "KH" == "Jordan K Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:

  >> > Linux supports token ring (well; I've done some experiments with it
  >> > today). You can use that too. I'd love to see it for FreeBSD too.

  KH> We've been waiting a long time for some token ring person to do
  KH> the driver. :-)

  KH> The big problem is that token ring is so rare, even if you could
  KH> find 10 individuals capable of writing a driver for a Madge or
  KH> IBM token ring card you'll probably also find that none of them
  KH> had any access to a token ring network.  It's the people with
  KH> motivated self-interest who are going to end up doing it or not
  KH> at all. :-)

I do have access, but I have only a PC with 40MB free. I work at a
bank (almost all banks in the Netherlands have token-ring, not
ethernet) but not for long anymore. I'll be gone there in a few weeks
(and I'm very glad about that).

So I don't have much self-interest anymore either.

Peter Mutsaers       |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |     "Quod licet bovis,
plm@simplex.nl       |  the Netherlands    |      non licet Jovi."