Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:20:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What laptop do you recommend?

Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:
 > I have recently bought a Samsung X20 (XVM-1600-V).  It's a
 > standard Centrino (no Duo or amd64), but I'm extremely
 > satisfied.  It has 1 GB RAM, nice 1400 x 1050 display
 > and everything you usually need.  And best of all, every-
 > thing is supported by FreeBSD, including ACPI, sound, 2D
 > and 3D graphics acceleration, USB, Network interface etc.

Forgot to mention:  For those interested, here are the boot
messages (dmesg), output from pciconf -lv, sysctl hw/dev,
Xorg.log, xdpyinfo, glxinfo and xvinfo:

http://www.secnetix.de/~olli/dmesg/centaur/

Best regards
   Oliver

"A language that doesn't have everything is actually easier
to program in than some that do."
        -- Dennis M. Ritchie