Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:15:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Inexpensive Printers that work.

Happy holidays again.

Since I'm doing some hardware shopping, I might as well get your views
about printers too. I have an old Epson lq-800. I installed apsfilter
and tried printing to it. The result is slow, poor quality, form-feed-
past-every-other-page-even-with-"suppress-form-feed"-in-the-printcap
output. I know the printer can do better, I've seen it produce better
stuff with some other OS. Is there some software I can add to get
better results with this old pin printer. If not, can you recommend an
ink-jet or a low-end laser that will give good results. Think
inexpensive please. I really don't use a printer much, but I still
haven't trained myself to do all my editing at the screen. Eventually
I still need paper in my hands. Oh well.

Thanks.

Greg