Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 16:32:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@Wicked.eaznet.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   reverse DNS

I seem to be having a problem with reverse DNS.  I've looked through everything I could find in DNS & BIND, but with no luck.

If I go to a site with reverse DNS authentication from any server listed in my in-addr.arpa file, no problem.  The problem occurs when a dial-in user or a Win 95 machine on my network (but not listed in my named files) tries to access one of these sites.  the site returns a message that it cannot resolve my address.  I guess it's because the address is not specified in the in-addr.arpa file.  Is this true?  Is there any way to correct this problem?

I'm running 2.1.5 (I'm planning to upgrade in the next 2 weeks, but I want to make sure nothing is amiss first).

Thanks in advance!

Eddie