Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:26:54 -0700
From:      Harry Vu Nguyen <hvng@picoturbo.com>
To:        "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to open port ???

--------------933A20358C614BC4CABCEB52

Hi Raymundo,

Thank for your quick response.
But, do i need to request opening port from my ISP (e.g port 23 for telnet) ?
And, how can i get sshd software on the firewall ? Is the software same as
UNIX
that i download from: http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/ssh-howto.html ?

Is this version can be used for freeBSD ?

Thanks,

Harry-

"Raymundo M. Vega" wrote:

> Harry Vu Nguyen wrote:
> >
> > Hi representative,
> >
> > I'm currently using DSL at company. And, i've used freeBSD OS as my
> > firewall:
> >
> > Local LAN --->  Firewall (FreeBSD 3.3) ---> DSL modem ---> Internet
> >
> > What steps do i need to do in order for some people (like employee) from
> > outside
> > can login into internal systems (e.g telnet)?
> >
> > Do i need to call my ISP to request them to open telnet port ?
> >
> > I'm looking forward to hearing you back
> >
> > Harry-
>
> There are several ways to do it, a simple one is to install
> Secure Shell Daemon (sshd) on the firewall, the lan users
> must be also users of the firewall computer. Once logged in
> the firewall they can telnet computers on the lan.
>
> raymundo

--------------933A20358C614BC4CABCEB52

begin:vcard
n:Nguyen;Harry
tel;cell:408-829-0982
tel;fax:408-586-8802
tel;work:408-586-4730
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Picoturbo, Inc
adr:;;860 Hillview Ct, Suite 160;Milpitas;CA;95035;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:hvng@picoturbo.com
title:System Administrator
fn:Harry Nguyen