Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:01:14 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Practicalities of FAQ->Handbook migrations

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:45:55PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Anyways, a quick question, quick answer chapter would be nice, but do you
> have a vision

I had visions, but the little white pills stopped most of them.  Now
if I could only do something about the voices, I'd be all set.

 of "one line question 2-3 line answer" type of chapter, or
> would you like the answers to be a bit more broad than what the FAQ currently
> carries?  This is your started project, but I would be more than happy to
> lend a hand (no cutting off jokes pls :) I'm rather attached to them)

Seriously, I don't have much in the way of vision here.

We have some entries in the FAQ that really aren't frequently asked.
In practical terms, our FAQ is "short bits of documentation, plus
FAQs" while the Handbook is "long bits of documentation."

We want to make the FAQ just FAQs, fine.  But what do we do with short
bits?

I'll ponder for a bit.  Perhaps a new book would be the best thing.

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons

http://www.blackhelicopters.org/~mwlucas/