Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 02:25:15 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        ulf@Alameda.net
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can anyone recommend a copyright/trademark lawyer ?

Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
> I am owner of Alameda Networks, Inc., which owns the domain
> Alameda.net, Alamedanet.com and Alamedanet.org. We have been
> using the name "Alameda Net" and "ANI" over the years, even
> lately we haven't done much at all. The local power and
> telecom company now went and registered Alamedanet.net
> and is using "Alameda Net" for their cable modem offering.
> This is a trademark or copyright problem for me and so I need
> a lawyer for this.
>
> Looking for a local laywer in the SF Bay Area.

I recommend you hurry.

I would recommend Venture Law Group; I generally trust their
people.

The reason for the rush is because most lawyers recuse
themselves on the basis of conflist of interest.  Thus a
common litigation tactic is to get all the talent in a
given region for a given type of case on retainer early,
as soon as you hear about the case, so that the opponent
has to go with third or forth string talent, or out of
area talent that doesn't know the local judges, etc..

-- Terry