Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:43:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      meowthink <meowthink@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.own.mk - just let WITHOUT_* take precedence

I encouraged the same issue when build with dtrace-enabled kernconf.
I do think it's a problem of Makefile.inc1 which manually defined these
NO_CTFs. By Simon's hack on bsd.own.mk, the build process goes on, but not
as before. For instance, /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 contains CTF data but
/libexec/ld-elf32.so.1 not (it contains CTF data before MFC r228158). At
least all 32-bit libraries on amd64 are built without CTF.
Though didn't use userland dtrace(esp. with 32-bit compat), I doubt this
somehow breaks such functionalities.

Also cc'ed jhb & fjoe who brought us this change.

Regards,
Meowthink