Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:03:11 -0500
From:      ryanm <ryanm@accn.org>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Symbolic Links to Servers

Hello everyone I am using FreeBSD 3.1 and wondering if a symbolic
link to an often hit server makes any performance differences??
for upgradeability I always do the same thing:

/usr/local/etc/qpopper-2.53 # ACTUAL DAEMON
/usr/local/etc/qpopper -> /usr/local/etc/qpopper-2.53

that way I can copy over qpopper to /usr/local/etc change
the link and not muck with inetd except for restarting it.
Does anyone know what type of performance penalties could
come from this?? Thanks for any information anyone can
provide me with.

Ryan