Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:12:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   3COM 590 warning in vx driver

Just curious, I could not find any documentation on the warning given when
I boot from a 3COM 590 Driver.  Even in the mail archives I see the
question asked, but I couldn't find an answer..

Basically, when I boot I see:

vx0 <3COM 3C590 Etherlink III PCI> rev 0 int a irq 9 on pci0:20
utp/aui/bnc[*utp*] address x:x..hardware addr..
Warning! Defective early revision adapter!

OK, so its an defective adapter.. what does this mean?  Is it a hardware
problem, and i'm just SOL, or can I get an upgrade for it?  I searched
3com's site as well, and coudln't find anything about it...

-Brandon Gillespie